To support the Principality's energy transition process, H.S.H. the Sovereign Prince decided, in 2016, to create the Mission for Energy Transition to support and lead projects to limit greenhouse gas emissions and develop renewable energies.
This Mission manages the National Green Fund in order to undertake practical, large-scale projects that meet the objectives set with regard to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change.
The aims of the Mission are:
- To involve the whole Monegasque community in the energy transition project
- To reduce direct greenhouse gas emissions
- To promote energy saving in all sectors of activity in the Principality
- To increase the local production of renewable energy
- To decarbonise imported energy