Understanding the process
From 1 January 2014, every trader who occasionally or regularly process tax refunds must use the online PABLO procedure provided by the French Directorate-General of Customs and Indirect Taxes.
This mandatory procedure has been introduced to validate export sales forms. Indded, travellers who normally reside in a non-EU country may, under certain conditions, benefit from a tax exemption when making purchases (VAT-free shopping) in the Principality of Monaco.
The online PABLO procedure allows traders to issue sales forms immediately for purchases which benefit from a tax exemption.
In order to continue to offer the benefit of this tax refund to your customers, you can manage the refund procedure yourself by using the PABLO-Independents online procedure (issue of forms, filing, follow-up…).
This online procedure is available on the PRODOUANE website: pro.douane.gouv.frAccess is free for independent traders and a minimum amount of equipment is required: a computer, a printer and an Internet connection.
Note: if you would prefer not to use this online procedure, you can employ the services of a tax refund operator who will offer PABLO-compatible solutions and manage tax refund operations (reimbursement…).
In order to take advantage of this online procedure, you will need to create a PABLO user account.
To do this, you will need to:
- Open a Prodouane account, by applying to the Economic Action Centre of the Alpes-Maritimes Regional Directorate of Customs and Indirect Taxes:
- Compléter et signer un formulaire d’adhésion à la télé-procédure (disponible sur le site des douanes françaises PRODOUANE - Services disponibles - Pablo https://pro.douane.gouv.fr)
You will then receive an email inviting you to activate your account in order to confirm your registration.
To provide your customer with a form, you need to:
- Go to the website pro.douane.gouv.fr
- Log in using your password
- Click the PABLO-I button to access the data entry fields
- Complete the form to create a sales form
- Validate the form within the application
- Print the form, which includes a barcode and PABLO logo, and give it to your customer
Please contact the Department of Tax Services if you require any further information or assistance relating to this procedure.