This financial assistance aims to reduce energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions in private homes and business premises.
Understanding the process
Recipients must be resident in the Principality and may be represented by a non-trading property holding company or agent, which incurs the costs. The assistance covers 30% of the total cost of eligible invoices (labour associated with the installation of such appliances may also be included) and is capped at €3,000.
Invoices should be sent to the Mission for Energy Transition in a single batch per recipient, and should all come from businesses based within the Principality. They must be accompanied by the form below and should be received before 31 December 2023. (Invoices must be dated between November 2022 and December 2023.
The following types of expenditure are covered by the assistance:
- Replacement of an individual gas boiler with a heat pump (where there is no communal heating) */**
- Replacement of an older generation or gas cooker with an electric cooker or induction hob
- Replacement of an older generation refrigerator with a new A- or B-rated model
- Replacement of older generation electric heaters with NF-certified heaters holding a minimum 3-star rating, up to a maximum of six appliances*
- Replacement of an older generation boiler with a new A- or B-rated model and timer as a minimum
- Purchase of up to 30 LED units
- Purchase of extension leads with a switch and or standby saver
- Purchase of a water-saving or automatic sensor tap
- Installation of thermostatic radiator valves up to a maximum of six units
- Insulation of roller shutters**
- Installation of a brise-soleil or solar window film**
- Installation of ceiling fans, up to a maximum of six units
- Other appliances or fixtures that help to reduce the building’s greenhouse gas emissions*
This last category is open to encourage spending that will help with the building’s energy transition, such as installing variators on technical equipment (heat pumps, compressors, etc.), timers for electricity meters, smart thermostats and presence detectors.
Air-conditioning systems and gas boilers are not eligible for this financial assistance.
* For the replacement of a heating system, the invoice must show the removal of the system which has been replaced.
** With regard to fixtures that may have an impact on facades (insulation of roller shutters and installation of a brise-soleil or solar window film, or heat pumps), you must contact the Department of Forward Studies, Urban Planning and Mobility to obtain approval for the planned work (email firstname.lastname@example.org), as well as your building manager. Their agreement is required to receive the assistance.
- Proof of residency:
- Residence permit for foreign residents
- Identity card for Monegasque nationals
- Extract from the Trade and Industry Registry for companies
- Bank account details in the name of the individual listed on the invoice
- An invoice: (one summary invoice per item issued by a company based in the Principality) and:
- Including a note confirming that it has been paid
- Including a note confirming that the item meets the criteria for financial assistance and, where appropriate, complies with energy regulations (items marked with an * in the table on the Form)
For fixtures that may require changes to facades (see points 1, 9 and 10 in the table on the form):
- Agreement of the Department Of Forward Studies, Urban Planning And Mobility to validate the work (email address: email@example.com)
- Agreement of your building manager
To obtain the form, you can download it below:
The application can be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the Mission pour la Transition Energétique, 18 allée Lazare Sauvaigo,98000 MONACO.
18 Allée Lazare Sauvaigo
18 Allée Lazare Sauvaigo