Understanding the process
Under the provisions of point 2, paragraph 1 of Article 22-6 of Act no. 1.362 of 3 August 2009, amendedaccess to the information in the register of beneficial owners by the organisations and individuals referred to in articles 1 and 2 of the abovementioned act, in the course of fulfilling their due diligence obligations, is subject to the submission of a declaration signed by the legal representative of the applicant or by an individual who is duly authorised within the organisation to the Trade and Industry Registry department.
The legal entities referred to in the third paragraph of Article 21 of the abovementioned act may also request a copy of the information they have declared only.
Extracts of information from the register will be issued on payment of a fee of 15 euros.
The application must be completed in duplicate and signed by the applicant, who should submit it to the Registry personally or via an authorised representative with a special power of attorney attached to the application. Applications which have not been duly completed and/or are not accompanied by the required supporting documents will be rejected by the Registry.
You can download the relevant form here:
Attachment if required:
You must include with your application for it to be considered admissible:
- The duly completed form and signed
- A copy of a valid national identity card belonging to the signatory
For the organisations and individuals referred to in articles 1 and 2 of Act no. 1.362 of 3 August 2009, amended:
- Any document proving that the applicant’s request is based on articles 1 and 2 of the abovementioned act
- Proof that the legal entity has been informed of the application to access the register by the relevant professional, by registered letter with postal acknowledgement of receipt or by registered email or any signed document delivered by hand
- If required, a copy of the special power of attorney
The request must be submitted to the reception desk of the Trade and Industry Registry of the Business Development Agency.
In the event that the application is inadmissible, you will receive a letter notifying you of the reason(s) for this.
If the declaration is admissible, the Registry will send you a letter stating the date and time of your appointment. You will need to bring this document, a proof of identity and a means of payment with you. Only the person who signed the application may collect the extract.