Occupying the public highway in a designated parking area

Last updated: 28/02/2023


You can request permission from the Mairie (Town Hall) to occupy designated parking spaces for long periods when moving house, for receptions, etc.

The Parking Spaces Involved

You can park in various places:

  • Parking spaces with meters
  • Ordinary parking spaces
  • Parking spaces in designated delivery areas
  • Parking spaces for motorcycles

Including the Darse Nord and Darse Sud, the Route de la Piscine, the Quai Antoine 1er, the Esplanade des Pêcheurs (new sea wall) and the Quai Jean-Charles Rey.

The parking spaces in the Port Hercule area (including the central jetty of the port, the Quai Louis II, the Quai Lucciana, the Quai des Hirondelles, and the Quai Rainier 1er Grand Amiral de France) are managed by the Société d'Exploitation des Ports de Monaco (SEPM). Authorisation to park here must be requested from the Marine and Airport Police Division.

If you need to park on the public highway outside the marked parking spaces, you should contact the Integrated Mobility Management Centre (CIGM).

You can find all the information necessary for requesting to occupy the public highway on the Town Hall's website.

Administrative contact