The Employment Office offers a system of personalised support to companies to assist them in their recruitment process.
Support from the Employment Office
Support is offered in two areas:
- Technical support for the selection process and creation of job descriptions
- Financial support: reimbursement of employer contributions for a period of one year that may be extended to two years
- Support for recruitment and training of young people
- Pre-vocational training scheme
Conditions for reimbursement of employer contributions
In order to qualify for reimbursement of employer contributions paid when recruiting an employee, a Monegasque company must satisfy the following conditions:
- The employee must be recruited to fill a new position or an existing position vacated by a retirement
- The new employee must be a priority candidate put forward by the Employment Office and who has been registered for at least one month
- Offering a permanent contract or a fixed-term contract for a minimum of two years
To benefit from this measure, you must follow the standard procedure of submitting a job offer and receiving applicants. If the conditions are met, the Employment Office will invite you to sign an agreement for the reimbursement of your employer contributions.
Circular letter No. 2023-10 of 12 May 2023 on measures for reimbursement of employer contributions.
The assistance granted is paid to the employer quarterly in arrears, reimbursing the total amount of employer contributions paid to the social security bodies, up to the monthly salary limit fixed annually by Monaco Social Security Funds (Caisses Sociales de Monaco). Contributions will be reimbursed for a period of one year, but this may be increased to two years if the employer takes on a Monegasque applicant, or plans to fund Department of Employment-approved training for the new employee when they are hired.
Contributions will also be reimbursed for a two-year period if the employer takes on an employee after an apprenticeship contract or a pre-recruitment internship.
Support for apprenticeship contract
Under apprenticeship contract, the employer pays the training of his apprentice and his salary which varies between 25% and 93% of the Statutory Minimum Wage (Salaire Minimum Interprofessionnel de Croissance, SMIC) or of the conventionnal minimum wage if it's higher. The Employment office may refund all or part of the apprentice's theoretical training fees if the apprentice fulfills the following criteria of the
Sovereign Ordinance no. 1.727 of 9 July 2008 pertaining to the financing terms for expenses associated with the theoretical training of apprentices
- Refund of training fees up to 100% for apprentices of Monegasque nationality, spouses of Monegasques, children of Monegasques or those domiciled in Monaco having attended school in the Principality for at least three years in secondary education
- Refund of training fees up to 50% for apprentices domiciled in neighbouring towns that have attended school in the Principality for at least three years in secondary education
Pre-vocational training scheme
The Government has put in place a "Pre-vocational training scheme" since 1 October 2005.
This initiative concerns young people from 16 to 25 years old, that are receiving full State unemployment benefit and gives them the possibility to undertake in-company training of a maximum duration of 3 months. The firm undertakes to hire them after this period. During the three months, the young person receives the equivalent of 57.4% of their future remuneration, paid by the Department of Employment. They also have social security cover. The firm thus has a period of time to train the young person without financial cost. Monitoring is carried out by the Youth Employment Unit in order to assess their professional integration.
It should be noted that when the young person is effectively hired under a permanent contract of employment or a fixed-term contract of two years, the employer receives the refund of employers' contributions for two years.