Understanding the process
The grant for setting up as a professional independent artist consists of the Government paying the social charges (CAMTI/CARTI) and/or part of the business rent (in the case of an artist's studio) for a period of 2 years renewable for 1 year.
This grant is given to Monegasque citizens or their spouses or people who have lived in the Principality for at least ten years and who are setting up a professional artistic activity in the Principality for the first time.
You must provide:
The form, duly completed with the following documents :
- A photocopy of your Monegasque ID card or residence permit and the family record booklet for spouses of Monegasque nationals, or a residence certificate for the residents
- A sworn declaration stating that you carry out an activity in an habitual and continuous manner pursuant to 1st article of the Act 1.360 of 4th July 2009 as performing artist or creative artist as described in Act n° 491 of 24th November 1948
- An art portfolio showing your work:
- A letter of motivation
- A detailed CV highlighting your productions and/or training in the concerned art
- Documents or copies of documents relating to the artists' recent activities (contracts for engagements, posters or programmes mentioning the artist's participation, photos, videos, CDs, books …)
- A written art project
- A declaration of non-receipt of revenue as established in article 3 of Ministerial Decree n° 2009-637 of 17th December 2009
- Proof of income from securities and movable assets (a declaration from the Management of the establishment following the model provided), which is established by the bank(s) where you hold accounts
- A certificate or other proof of membership of a performing artist rights management society (such as SPEDIDAM or ADAMI) or an authors' rights management society (such as SACEM, SACD or ADAGP)
- A copy of the lease (if you are renting business premises)
You should submit the complete application to the Department of Cultural Affairs , who will assess its eligibility.
Applications are processed the Support Commission for Professional Independent Artists (Commission de soutien aux Artistes Professionnels Indépendants).
If your application is accepted, you will receive a letter confirming that your application is under consideration.