Understanding the process
Traders and restaurants in the Principality can benefit from financial support, ranging from EUR 3,000 to EUR 6,000, subject to the terms set out below, to help them pursue an eco-responsible approach.
If you are already have responsible trading or responsible restaurant certification:
To benefit from this financial support, you must undertake to comply with one or more clauses specified in the form below, in addition to those contracted in your specifications for 2020-2022, or undertake to go further on a clause that you have already agreed to. You can subscribe to a maximum of three clauses per business or restaurant. A bonus will be paid if the commitment relates to reducing waste at source.
Your new commitments will be set out as an amendment to your current specifications.
If you do not yet have Responsible Trading or Responsible Restaurant certification:
You can also benefit from financial support, which will enable you to start the process and obtain the certification by agreeing to the seven compulsory clauses and adding at least one optional commitment.
To obtain the form, you can:
- Download it here:
- Or collect it from Department of the Environment
NB: In view of the wide range of businesses and the disparity in levels of commitment, it is also possible to benefit from financial support if you can prove that the amount received will be used to implement an eco-responsible approach that is appropriate for your activity, which is not included in the specifications, if this project makes it possible to achieve the objectives sought by the certification. In this case, tick the box marked "other" on the form.
You must provide :
- A photocopy of the ID card of the person responsible for the business or restaurant, and details of the name of the business
- Full bank account details
- The form duly completed, dated and signed, showing the clause(s) to which the business or restaurant is committed
- A presentation of the project for which the support is requested, including:
- A description of the project and its ecological objectives (quantities and type of waste avoided, envisaged saving of resources, characteristics of the products selected etc.)
- If possible, precise details of the expenditure to be undertaken with the financial support, such as a description of the materials or equipment to be purchased, with a quotation or budget estimate
- A timetable for implementation of the project
You must send your application :
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or by post to the Department of the Environment
If you have not yet signed the 2020-2022 version of the specifications, please contact the Responsible Trading team.
Each request will be analysed on a case-by-case basis. The amount of support will be determined in line with the commitments of each business and the scope and the cost of the project.
For help in putting together your application or for any other information, please contact the Department of the Environment: email@example.com
To determine whether you are interested in obtaining the "Responsible Trading" or "Responsible Restaurant" certification, we invite you to read about the procedure to follow in the following fact sheets:
- How to obtain the Responsible Trading certification
- How to obtain the Responsible Restaurant certification
If you are interested, please send a request to the Department of the Environment, stating that you would like to find out more about the specifications of the certification that you are interested in, i.e. Responsible Trading or Responsible Restaurant. You will be offered an appointment with the certification team.
Once your certification is in progress, the team will explain how you can obtain the support. The scheme ends on 31 May 2021.