Understanding the process
Drivers of foreign private hire vehicles are required to make a declaration of operation to the Police Department prior to the time of collecting persons and their luggage within the territory of the Principality.
Beforehand, the vehicles must be affixed with the sticker provided for under Article 45 of Sovereign Ordinance No. 1.720 of 04/07/2008 on the regulation of taxis, chauffeur-driven vehicles, official city vehicles and motorcycles on request
The pre-operation declaration must be made in advance, two hours at the latest before the journey.
You must provide the following information:
- Name of the company
- Sticker number
- Date and time of the journey and address of the collection point
- Vehicle information: Make, type, colour and registration number
- Driver information: first name and surname
- Customer information: first name and surname
- Client information: first name and surname
- Name of cruise ship, if applicable
You can make the declaration on line via the online service:
Once you have completed your declaration, proof of prior declaration of operation will be made available to you via the online service. The driver must carry this proof with him/her. This can be requested at any time when circulating in the territory of the Principality.