Understanding the process
Any head of a company registered with the Trade and Industry Registry of Monaco that owns or holds vehicles of over 3.5 tonnes or passenger vehicles with more than 9 seats (including the driver's seat), for road transport abroad, may request one or more company cards for himself/herself or his/her employees.
These cards make it possible to manage the transfer of data recorded by the on-board device in the vehicle to the company's computer system.
Cards are not issued in the name of individuals, and note only the company’s name and the address of its registered office. However, the information contained on the card includes the name and position of the manager to whom it is issued.
Company electronic tachograph cards are valid for five years. Once expired, you can ask for cards to be renewed.
There is a fee associated with this service - Please see
The request must be sent to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office using the appropriate form, duly completed and signed on the original.
The form may be:
- Downloaded online:
- Collected from the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office
The request must be accompanied by the following documents:
- The “Request a Company Electronic Tachograph Card” form, which can be downloaded in step 1, specifying the name and position of the manager to whom the card will be issued
- A document proving your identity and address:
- A copy of both sides of a valid ID document (ID card or national passport)
- If the address on the proof of identity is different or no address is indicated, please attach a proof of address dated within the last 3 months (electricity bill or rent receipt)
- A copy of an entry in the Trade and Industry Registry dated within the last 3 months stating the name and role of the applicant and, where applicable, a delegation of signing authority
- The payment, to be made by cash, cheque or postal order (clearable in Monaco or France), made out to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office and Visa or Mastercard bank cards only, in accordance with the current fee schedule available at the "Principle and conditions" step of this procedure
Any administrative procedure undertaken at the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office by a third party must be accompanied by a mandate signed by the principal and by supporting documents showing proof of these persons' identities.
However, it does not allow the representative to sign the documents in place of the principal.
To submit your application, you must first make an appointment with an agent of the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office.
You can request an appointment in one of the following three ways:
- Online using the online service made available for this purpose
- By email to email@example.com
- By telephone on (+377) 98 98 80 14
The staff of the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office will be waiting for you at the time of the appointment; you should bring with you the documents listed in steps 1 and 2 and your preferred means of payment.
Your card will be sent directly to you via registered post with acknowledgement of receipt to the address stated on the form.
You can ask the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office to renew a company electronic tachograph professional licence by submitting the same documents as for the initial request and under the same conditions. The new professional licence may be issued at the earliest 2 weeks before the expiry date of the original card. The original card must be kept for 1 month after its expiry date.