The Department of Tax Services deals with the tax base, and the collection and inspection of levies, duties and taxes in force in Monaco
Organisation and operation
This Division is responsible for recording instruments that are subject to the formality of registration and for collecting the corresponding fees.
In this regard, it collects and carries out inspections concerning transfer duties relating to movable and immovable assets, inheritance tax, donation tax and tax on corporate instruments.
It also has jurisdiction over leasehold duties and stamp duty.
This Division manages land registry:
- Transcription of property transfer deeds and registration of encumbrances and mortgages
- Issuing copies of deeds and certificates of property assets and consultation of transcripts and registers
The duties of this Division are to:
- Manage Corporation Tax:
- Implementation and interpretation of regulations
- Monitoring of companies' obligations to submit declarations and pay contributions
- Tax base and tax inspections
- Under the administrative assistance instituted by the Tax Treaty between France and Monaco of 18th May 1963:
- Manage declarations of remuneration paid to persons with a tax domicile in France
- Manage declarations of payments generated by securities and capital assets
- Receiving and informing the public (Monegasque and French tax systems)
This Division is responsible for the base, inspection and collection of duty on drinks. It issues simplified documents for this purpose.
It also ensures that legislation is enforced as regards precious metals and oversees the collection of criminal fines.
The responsibilities of this Division include, inter alia:
- Managing the tax on insurance policies
- Implementation of the Agreement of 7 December 2004 laying down measures equivalent to the those of the European Directive on "savings tax" (collection of withholding tax or managing voluntary declarations)
This Division deals with the collection of VAT, Corporate Income tax and the Tax on Precious Metals.
It also receives new business declarations, including for activities carried out in the Principality on a temporary basis (property construction in particular) by foreign companies.
In addition, it centralizes applications for VAT and corporate income tax refunds and processes applications to join the Internet service for the online declaration and payment of VAT (e-VAT).
This Division deals with:
- Vehicle purchases from the European Community
- Monitoring of declarations for exchanges of goods declarations
- Monitoring of European declarations of services
This Division monitors property transactions subject to VAT.
It also deals with applications for VAT refunds from foreign companies not generating turnover in the Principality.
This Department is responsible for:
- Dealing with requests for international assistance with taxation matters
- Issuing and renewing certificates of domicile, residence certificates and certificates of domicile following a death