The Police Department is tasked with maintaining public order and the security of persons and property. To this end, it patrols the territory.
It also performs the duties of criminal Investigation police under conditions defined by the law.
The Commissioner of Police also carries out all of the duties relating to administrative and criminal policing laid down by the law.
Organisation and operation
The Police Department is comprised of plain-clothes and uniformed personnel, as well as administrative, technical and scientific staff who carry out their duties in the following divisions:
- The Administration and Training Division (DAF)
- The Administrative Police Division (DPA)
- The Urban Policing Division (DPU)
- The Criminal Investigation Division (DPJ)
- The Marine and Airport Police Division (DPMA)
- The General Intelligence Division (DRI)
- The General Inspectorate of Police Services (IGSP)
- The Royal Family Protection Division (DPFP)
- The Events and Preservation of Quality of Life Division (DEPCV)
- The Department's Secretariat
Ordinance no. 765 of 13 November 2006 pertaining to the organisation and operation of the Police Department
Sovereign Ordinance no 8.092 of 4 June 2020 modifying article 2 of the Sovereign Ordinance no. 765 of 13 November 2006 pertaining to the organisati...
Act no. 975 of 12 July 1975 relating to the status of the State’s civil servants